Colmac Coil A+ Pro Parametric Selection Software creates custom air cooler designs quickly and easily.
- Web based--runs through your browser
- Select air coolers based on design requirements and let the software pick the unit that meets your most important criteria (price, size, efficiency, etc.)
- Rate air coolers based on construction parameters (design coolers to fit the space available)
- Easily add options and features
- Sizes both evaporators and liquid-air coolers
- Create projects and organize units by tag and room
- Work in IP or SI units
- Ability to apply fouling factors and calculate performance with frost
- Generate concatenated project reports/summaries quickly in a variety of file formats
- Unit Specification documents, Price Summaries, Engineering Schedules, Engineering Specifications
- Make revisions to existing items in project
- Explore how your unit will perform at various fan speeds (VFD control)
- Both dry and operating weights are calculated
- Access to estimated information like:
Charge inventory, time between defrosts, power usages for motors and electric, defrost, required water flow rates for water defrost, air throw, sound
Access to A+Pro is available to authorized Colmac Coil representatives and qualified customers.
Allows accurate selection and/or rating of plate fin and tube (compact) heat exchangers for commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, and process heating and cooling applications. Calculations normally assume air on the finside, however, the program allows entry of gas properties in the case of special gases on the finside. State-of-the-art fluid property routines are used to calculate properties of various single and two-phase tubeside working fluids including:
Aqueous (single phase) Solutions
Water, Ammonia, Calcium Chloride, Ethanol, Ethylene Glycol, Glycerol, Lithium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Methanol, Potassium Acetate, Potassium Formate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride
Volatile (two phase) Refridgerants
Water (steam), Ammonia (NH3), Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen, Propane, Iso-Butane, R12, R123, R124, R125, R134a, R142b, R152a, R22, R23, R245fa, R32, R401a, R404a, R407a, R407c, R417a, R500, R502, R503, R507a, R508b
Commercial and industrial HVAC and refrigeration cooling coil calculations can be made for either chilled water or evaporators (DX, pumped, and gravity flooded), with or without dehumidifying on the finside. The program uses thermodynamically correct psychrometric calculations from cryogenic (below 100C) to very high (above 100C) air temperatures.
CoilPro sizes Colmac AHRI-410 certified Hot Water, Chilled Water, and Steam coils.
Calculations with two phase condensing fluids on the tubeside, such as steam, are available along with single phase cooling of tubeside fluids (air heating on finside).
The program allows the user to select from a wide range of tube diameters including: 3/8" (9.5mm), 1/2" (12.7mm), 5/8" (15.9mm), 7/8" (22mm), and 1" (25.4mm), in a wide range of tube materials including: copper, cupro-nickel, carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. Fin thicknesses available include: 0.006" (0.15mm), 0.008" (0.20mm), 0.010" (0.25mm), 0.012" (0.31mm), 0.016" (0.41mm), 0.020" (0.51mm), and 0.032" (0.81mm).
Casing materials include 5052 (AlMg3) Aluminum, Galvanized Steel, 304 or 316 stainless steel.
The software runs online through the user's internet browser via a secure username and password. In addition to calculating thermal performance, the program calculates a price and generates dimensional drawings and specifications.
Access to CoilPro is available to authorized Colmac Coil representatives and qualified customers.
Colmac dry coolers and air-cooled condensers in both standard and custom sizes can be selected using Dryware for a wide range of working fluids.
Air-cooled ammonia condensers in very large capacities can also be selected with either aluminum tubes or stainless steel tubes.
Thermal performance, pricing, and drawings are available as output.
Access to Dryware is available to authorized Colmac Coil representatives and qualified customers.
Refrigeration Load Simulator
Colmac Coil has developed a new way to make refrigeration load calculations. The online Refrigeration Load Simulator Program offers the following features and benefits:
- Allows user to create complete facility layout (including custom shaped rooms)
- Performs heat and mass balance for entire facility
- Predicts sensible and latent loads and room RH
- Based on state-of-the-art equations
- Vary door operations and climate conditions to observe effects
- Works with A+Pro software to select air coolers
Access to the Refrigeration Load Simulator is available to authorized Colmac Coil representatives and qualified customers.